Thursday, August 9, 2012

A better start in the morning - Protein and complex carbs.

Now that the ADHD count has gone up in my home from 2 people to 3 (both kids and hubby), I have been noticing more opportunities for improvement. One major one being good eating habits. I want to make sure they have the best start to their day so they are in a better mood and in a better position to take on what the day throws at them.

This probably should have been my focus all along, but you get complaisant and tired, and all of a sudden you are having them eat cold cereal every morning. So here I go back on the healthy train.

So far this week I have done pretty well, and all campers are happy.  

    Monday morning- Oatmeal:
    • Steel cut oats 
    • Raisins 
    • Cinnamon 
    • Brown sugar 
    • 2% milk 


    Tuesday morning – Bean and Cheese Burritos:
     
    • 2 whole-wheat tortillas 
    • Refried beans 
    • Shredded part-skimmed mozzarella 



     Wednesday morning – Egg and Cheese Burritos: 
    • 2 whole-wheat tortillas 
    • 2 scrambled eggs 
    • Shredded part-skimmed mozzarella



    Thursday morning – Egg, Spinach, and Cheese Quiche (sans crust) and toast with jam: 
    • 4 tablespoons chopped spinach 
    • 2 eggs 
    • Shredded part-skimmed mozzarella 
    • 1 slice of whole-wheat toast with butter and fruit jam

    I'm thinking tomorrow I may make some whole-wheat pancakes with nuts, but who knows, I'm still getting inspired by food images on the internet.


    What breakfast dishes help you start your morning on the right foot?




    Rossana G-A


    FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.




    No comments:

    Post a Comment