Thursday, March 7, 2013

Revisit your jewelry box

I had been seeing for years a lot of cute necklaces in stores that had some sort of ribbon accent. I always thought to myself "I can do that at home? why would I ever pay for it?"but I never really got around to doing it.

Then I started seing it more and more on TV, in magazines, on people walking by....and it had this air of shabby chic that I just craved for. But some looked way more complicated than what I wanted to get (work wise for a home craft)



But then I saw this one that looked like they just pulled together a few necklaces and that was it. The one below obviously had more work than just pulling it together, but still.



So I took a plunge into my jewelry box. I pulled out one really heavy necklace that I had not worn in a while because it just looked to plain. I also pulled out another thin one that my Mother had and I had never really used. Pulled out a ribbon, which truth be told I purchased for this type of craft about 3 years ago but never finished.....so now what???


I played around with lengths for a bit. Tied it in a bow a few times playing with the right length, and finally came up with this.


I had actually forgotten I was wearing this today, until a few people at work commented on it. I guess it was a success.

What do you have in your jewelry box you could revisit?




Rossana G-A



FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment