Thursday, June 21, 2012

The simple things make me happy


Sometimes life gets so busy, you face so many struggles, and the days pass buy like a blur. When I feel myself sinking down I make a point to stop and reflect on the little things that always make me happy.

My mornings are never the same if I don't have the time to drink a cup of hot coffee. During the week it is a must, but some weekends I get up and get going with so many things that I forget I haven't had my coffee, but ultimately I always realize it and run to get a cup even if it is later in the day.


Making delicious and yet healthy meals for my family also fills me with joy. Knowing that I have such a great impact on how my family is eating is not always an easy weigh to bear, but it is very rewarding. And when your youngest, in kindergarten, has an assignment to say what are the things he loves and he writes down "I love when Mommy makes me food"you know it is all worth it.


And since we are on the topic of food, eating some Mexican food always puts me in a good mood. It doesn't matter if I make it at home or run to one of my favorite restaurants, the taste of those comforting flavors in my mouth make me not miss being back home so much.


I saved the best for last. Seing my children smile and knowing they are happy will always be the greatest pick-me-up for me. I am also blessed to have such noble hearted children, and very perceptive and sensitive. They somehow know to come over to give me a hug, a kiss, and a smile just when I need it the most. And somehow all grey skies disappear.


What simple things make YOU happy?

Rossana G-A




FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment