Monday, April 30, 2012

Hearts for breakfast! Eggs in a french toast cage.

Here is another cute idea for breakfast. My kids love french toast, and they love eggs, so I combined them. Here is what you need:

12 eggs
8 slices of bread
some salt
syrup of your liking

Yep. It's that easy!! And I had all the ingredients at home.

I cut out some heart shapes on 8 slices of bread (2 each for my family of 4). I whisked 4 eggs to dip the bread in. 


I used 2 pans, one for the caged eggs and another for the french toast alone. I cracked 1 egg inside each cut-out slice. Add some salt to taste to the eggs and cook for about 2 minutes. Make sure to turn them over if you like them 'over-easy".


Again, my kids usually don't like mixing sweet and savory, so they got their french toast with chocolate syrup on a separate plate.


This took me maybe 10 minutes in the morning, and it is yummy yummy!!!


They got some extra protein in their breakfast, and Mom got praised for how big her heart was. Win-win!!


Do you have a recipe with hearts?


Rossana G-A





FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment