Sunday, April 8, 2012

I reserved the right to change my mind.


I have known my husband for 16 years now, and we have been married for almost 11 years. He brought me a rose every time he visited me when we were courting (yes, he courted me, because that is how old fashioned we both grew up). He started out buying me jewelry as well, but we were both in college as we met very young, and I did not want him to worry about having to buy me anything when all we needed was to simply be together so I told him to stop. Romantic cards and letters won me over, and still do.

Over the years he still has gotten me special gifts, but I again insisted he desists. I thought I was being practical, but I see I robbed him of the option. I am still not the type of woman that wants flowers every day, or expensive jewelry at every special occasion, but today I received a special anniversary present and I couldn't be more thrilled.

We picked it out together because I can be hard to shop for, but I was terribly surprised at how excited I got after finally receiving it and having him place it on my finger.

So fine, I had said in my youth flowers were wasteful and jewelry was frivolous, but I changed my mind. Romantic gestures are not as overrated as I had thought. Receiving this today felt amazing. Bring on the flowers and the special gifts. Romance is needed even more as the years go by, and it works.

What type of romantic gifts win you over?

Rossana G-A



FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.

2 comments:

  1. This is SO beautiful! May I ask where it's from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from Ross-Simons. Exact item is here: http://www.ross-simons.com/products/693226.html

      Delete