Monday, February 27, 2012

Maintaining your beauty tools and products.

I admit, I've been on a cleaning binge. I just cleaned my hair tools and drawers, and I moved on to makeup brushes, and beauty product drawers. I have had my fair share of skin issues, and I can't stress enough the importance of keeping your brushes clean. Once a month should be enough.

It is so easy and quick, and you can do so with shampoo. Why shampoo? Because it maintains the brush hairs better than hand soap. You could splurge on a brush cleaning liquid, but I've done so and I don't see a difference under than how thin my wallet gets.

Use just enough water to cover the tips of your tools, and poor a bit of shampoo on top of each tool, one at a time to make sure it gets enough.  Stir it up a bit to see some suds.


Pull out one tool at a time and gently work the shampoo in. Wash them off slowly till the water runs clear. Repeat the shampoo process again if you don't get clear running water the first time.    

This is my blush brush. See the blush color dripping down. The brush even looked a bit pink before washing it and in the end it goes back to the natural brush color.


Repeat this process with every brush. Below is my powder brush. It's clean now.


 Eyebrow and eyelash defining brush. A good scrub by running your thumb through to let the shampoo sink in, run it through the water and you should be set.


I also cleaned my brush bag. Pat them down with a towel, and let them air dry. If in a hurry, you can dry the brushes faser by using your hair dryer on low.



I use a Translucent Hobby Case I purchased at The Container Store®.  in 2009 as my beauty caddy. It fits a ton.


Manicure and pedicure tools, polishes, hair products, etcs. It all fit very well and very organized.


For my taller and/or larger beauty products like hair spray, or products of more every day use, I went with two tall drawers. They are Like-it® Modular Drawers, the Tall Narrow variety, but I find the whole series very useful and may end up getting more for other things in the kitchen and bathroom.


I use the top drawer for my make-up remover, face lotion, deodorant, and daily make-up at the front, and the rest of my tall products in the back.


I use the bottom drawer to keep my hair rollers and electric hair tools (curling irons, flat iron, hair dryer. Perfect fit for all. Or should I say, So Perf!?!


What do you use to keep your beauty products organized?


Rossana G-A



FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment