Sunday, February 26, 2012

Maintaining your hair accessories.

Having 2 girls in one household makes for lots of hair tools and accessories. Hair clips, hair bands, pins, scrunchies, ribbons, hairbrushes, round brushes, combs, etc. Getting your hair done every day can become more work than it should be if you don't take care of all of them, and stay organized.


Here are some of the things I do and use to keep everything nice, clean, organized, and us our the door on-time every morning:


I use two clear Iris® tint stacking drawers to help keep things separated and organized. I got them in 2009 at The Container Store®. The have them in different sizes .



The top one is for my daughter and all her colorful things, including her hair brushes and combs. It is usually best to avoid sharing hair tools and accessories.


The bottom one is for my things.


The drawers look a bit empty right know because I took out most of the brushes and combs for a bit of maintenance. First, I took off the hair still stuck on the brushes and combs, aiding myself with another brush for the bulk of it and then a fine comb for the tiny ones left behind. I try to do this every day after using them, but sometimes I run out of time and end up doing it another day. Still, you want to clean off hairs as often as possible, and definitely before washing them. 

You can wash your combs and brushes in hot or warm water with a bit of your own shampoo. It would be best to do this once a month, but who am I kidding? I do this once every 4-6 months. You can through them all in, let them suds up a bit, and then go in for a good scrubbing.


I usually use my thickest brush to clean the rest, then clean that one with one of the smaller brushes.


I am always surprised by what ends up at the bottom of my washing bin. Yuk!


Then, shake them off, brush off excess water on top of a bath towel, and leave them to air dry.


After a few hours, they are SoPerf, and I feel I'm ready to start my week fresh.


Rossana G-A



FTC Disclaimer: I am not compensated to write this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment